Discover Scuba Diving in Phuket.
Discover Scuba diving is easy for beginners! No experience is needed to have a fantastic day scuba-diving experience for your first time underwater with experienced English, Australian, Swedish and instructors.
Try Scuba diving great program for people who don’t have time to do a full complete course, or just want to try scuba diving for the first time. The program will take anywhere between 4 to 8 hours depending on the chosen location. It includes some very basic theory and skills, and one or two dives under the direct supervision of an SSI professional.
You can begin your scuba diving course with free online training materials available for all students diver so with knowing that you also get online training and insurance free for this activity you can sign up and start doing it to death by the SSI website
Learn to Scuba Dive – What’s involved in a try scuba diving course?
Your instructor will go over the basics and fundamental skills needed in scuba diving to enjoy your dive safely. Whether diving from the beach or from the boat for your first scuba experience, the first session will be divided into practicing the initial skills in very shallow water for your first open water dive.
The skills that we will go over are clearing a mask of water, clearing and recovering regulators, sharing air, underwater hand signals, and underwater swimming techniques. Your instructor will be supervising during the whole dive and will dive with you to a maximum of 12 meters. This experience could be your first step in your new hobby, so enjoy the ride!
Important considerations for new divers
- The minimum age is 10 years old
- There’s a medical form for any new scuba diving activity: You need to read this form prior to diving for beginners and sign to confirm you have no medical conditions that can affect your safety. If you declare a medical condition on the form you will not be able to dive without signed clearance from a doctor. Read the medical form and consult a doctor if necessary prior to signing up.
Limitations to where beginners can safely try scuba diving:
A 1-hour pool ‘discover scuba’ or ‘Try Scuba’ session can be combined with beach dive is the best choice and safest form for trying scuba diving as a first-time nonswimmer. It is cheaper than a boat day trip, takes around 2-3 hrs and can be done in the mornings or after lunch, most days at the beach between late November and May.
It is natural and normal to feel a little nervous before diving for the first time. Don’t worry, your safety and enjoyment of diving is our first priority, and so all our Instructors will conduct this first dive Session.
Half-day Discover Scuba diving at Kata Beach 3 HOURS (Check for availability)
Full Day Discover Scuba diving 2 dive Racha Yai trip Itinerary:
- 07:00 – 08:00 Pick up from your hotel with transfer to the pier / diving boat.
- 08:30 – Depart from the pier to Racha Yai island, Lite Breakfast listens to the boat safety with your Instructor.
- 9.45 – Arrive at the first dive site for the first in-water session. Learn dive skills and conduct safety training. Tour of the dive site with your instructor.
- 11.00 am – Lite Lunch is served during the 1-hour surface interval between your dives.
- 12.15 – Start the second dive explore and Discovering the local reefs with your instructor’s supervision, gaining confidence and having fun.
- 1.30 – Depart Racha Yai and Return to Chalong pier
- 2.30 – Transfer return to your hotel
All open water ocean training dive sessions are around 40 – 50 minutes.
Our core business is the entry-level courses. All in-water experiences are conducted by 100% qualified mature Instructors from England, Australia, Sweden, and France. Our instructors all have many years of teaching experience, extensive knowledge, and understanding of the local dive sites, each one teaching scuba diving while living in Phuket,
Scuba dive in Phuket FAQs
Learning scuba-diving safely is easy, but picking the right agency can often be difficult, it’s worth doing some background checks on the company you intend to book with in order to satisfy yourself that you will be well looked after and be in safe hands while you learn to scuba-diving.
Transfers to dive boats:
Our offices are located at Kata Beach as well as Chalong, we have daily local departures/transfers from all hotels in the following resorts:
- 7:00 am Kamala Beach – 7:15 am Kalim Beach –
- 7:30 Patong (Transfers will take up to 1 Hour Minivan ride from Patong in Hi season)
- 7:45 Kata Beach – Karon Beach – Rawai Beach – Nai Harn – Chalong Bay
Extra charge private car transfer fee from 7:00 am Kamala + 1000 THB – Ban Tao & Surin Beach Mai Khao Beach – Airport Area 1,800 THB return
Extra charge transfer fees – 7:00 am Cape Panwa + 1000 THB – 7.00 am Koh Siray 1000 THB – 7.15 am Phuket Town + 1000 THB
To book this experience send us a direct email with any questions you may have we can then get back to you.